With the Holidays just passing, you may have ended up with some beauty gifts that you were not too happy about.
This often happens when we receive makeup that is not compatible with our skin tone. This is especially true for eye shadow palettes. If you do not have the gift receipt, and do not want your eye shadow to go to waste, then there is a solution. You can actually make lip gloss from eye shadow! This easy DIY makeup hack only requires 4 items to create the lip gloss. Making your own lip gloss from eye shadow is a great way to stand out, display your originality, and be creative. Many colors that are in your eye shadow palette are not available in lip colors that are offered in stores. Follow these easy steps to make a lip gloss that pops.
What you will need:
- Eye Shadow
- Petroleum Jelly
- Empty Lip Gloss Container.
- Wooden or Plastic Spatula
- Decorative ribbon or duct tape (optional)
- Scrape eye shadow off of the palette into the empty lips gloss container. Fill the container about a 1/4 of the way up with the powder eye shadow of your choosing.
- Fill the rest of the container to the brim with petroleum jelly.
- Take the wooden or plastic spatula and mix the eye shadow and petroleum jelly until they are mixed together completely.
- Tie a piece of decorative ribbon or duct tape around the container for decoration. (This step is optional)
- Wah-la ! Now you have a great new lip gloss.