I am a huge fan of contouring and use this technique on my face everyday. Many people I have spoken with get frustrated with contouring saying that it is either “too complicated” or that they “don’t have time.” With all of the crazy contouring styles like clown contouring and the dramatic Kardashian look, it’s easy to be intimidated by contouring. Many people don’t now where to begin and find Youtube tutorials more confusing than educational. My normal makeup routine takes around 15 minutes, including highlight and contouring. With highlighting and contouring the main parts of your face, you can achieve a beautiful contour with half the time and effort. The trick that I use to apply both a liquid and a powder highlight and contour to make the colors pop and ensure for all day coverage. Here are the steps I use to achieve an easy contour everyday.
Apply liquid bronzer
- After putting on my liquid foundation I use the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Warm Almond to begin contouring.
- Taking the stick I draw a thin dark line right on my jaw bone on each side of my face.
- Next, I draw one line each under each of my cheek bones. For this step, I like to suck my face in to get an accurate place of where I want my line to go.
- Following this, I begin making small vertical lines at my hairline that go the length of my forehead.
- Blend with a brush. I use MAC 188 foundation brush.
Apply liquid highlight
- After my liquid bronzer is blended I begin applying Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Concealer. This comes with a sponge already attached to the tube, making for easy application.
- I begin making an upside down triangle on my forehead, having the isolated point end right between my eyebrows.
- Next, I make 2 more upside down triangles under my eye.
- Lastly, I make a half circle on my chin.
- Blend with a brush. I use a multi-task brush from realTechniques by Samantha Chapman.
Apply powder bronzer & highlight
- First I apply powder highlight in the same places that I have applied the liquid highlight.
- Next, I apply the bronzer just under my cheek bones.
- For these steps I use Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette with drug store brushes.
- I like to leave the powder on for 5-10 minutes to help it set to my face. While waiting, I like to fill in my eyebrows and do my eye makeup.
- Finally, I use a beauty blender to complete my contour look.