If you are looking for a cute and creative gift to give this year for Christmas, look no further ! Making a cosmetic tree for your BFF’s, sisters, or mothers, is a great way to say “Merry Christmas.” A cosmetic Christmas tree is a small fake tree, about a foot tall, which you hang beauty items from to make them look like ornaments. Your gift recipient will be impressed with this thoughtful and original gift.
What You Will Need:
- Small, Fake Christmas Tree (About 1 foot in length)
- Beauty products (Make sure they are not too heavy)
- Decorative Ribbon
- Clear Tape
1. Prepare the tree for the makeup ornaments. Starting from the top of the tree, wrap the tinsel around the tree so it looks like a cascading swirl.
2. Separate the beauty products in packing and plastic wrap.
3. Start with the beauty products in packaging. Many packaged beauty products will already have a hole from hanging on the rack. If they do, great ! Simply tie a small amount of ribbon through the hole to create your ornaments.
4. If the packaging does not already have a hole, take the scissors and cut a small hole through the packaging so you are able to tie the ribbon through. If it is plastic packaging, do the same thing and make a hole with the scissors. Use a needle to string the ribbon through the hole to avoid cutting your fingers.
5. Now start on the products with out packaging. If the product is light enough, simple tape a loop onto the product. If the product is too heavy, tie a not around the product to secure the loop.
6. Now comes the fun part! Decorate your tree with all of the beauty products. Instead of a star you can put a shower loofa, or another makeup product.